Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Leaving it all out on the field

Dear Family,
We found our family! :) Well they were right in front of us the entire time. Actually we are working with a couple families. Well we have been working with a couple part ember families this whole time and they are slowly progress.. but they are progressing! I have just fallen in love with some of these families and I know I will be close to them forever! I may not be here when they get baptized but I have been praying a lot about that and I know everything will be okay. I finally was able to turn everything over to the Lord this last week and I just feel at peace. I know these feelings of peace and hope only come form the Atonement of Jesus Christ. How incredibly amazing that is. Heavenly Father knows me way too well. He knows exactly what I need and when I need it.  Sister Page often has a different idea... but what is new. He know best. We just need to pray to know His plan! Anyway.. I will stop preaching.
So some updates on people we are working with people. So, We have been praying really hard that Sara's dad will give her permission to be baptized. I know this will totally change her families life. Her mom, Amber is doing really well but I think Sara being baptized will really seal the deal for her staying active. She was inactive for ten years unitl like 4 months ago! I think her husband knows that if Sara gets baptized then church will be a big part in their lives from now on. It scares him. That is okay though. WE just wanted to sit down and talk to him, but he kept avoiding us. Finally I just walked downstairs to talk to him and he totally hid in the other room. So we went back upstairs taught Sara the word or wisdom and law of chastity and were about to head on our way. As we were leaving I just felt so strongly that we needed to talk to him tonight so I just said, "I am not leaving until I talk to him." So finally Amber went and talked him into talking with us. He was so nice! We just got to know him a little and then talked to him about Sara being baptized. I totally respect that he is her dad and whatever he decides is his decision, but I just wanted him to know what he was making a decision about. It went really well. AS I was talking with him I had an overwhelming feeling that he would be baptized one day. It was really neat. He didn't give us an answer but I know it softened his heart a little. The next day Sister Taggart, Sara, and Amber and I fasted and prayed together. What a wonderful faith building experience for all of us. On a funny note Amber told us later that at their families New years eve party they were having sparkling cider and Sara thought it was alcohol she starting crying and said, "stop drinking that! It is against the law of chastity!" hahaha woops we probably should go over that a little with her. :) we love her so much.
 Maggie is still set for baptism but she got super sick this week. She was in the hospital for a couple days. She didn't make it to church yesterday so she won't be able to be baptized before I go. Sometimes you wonder why things happen the way they do, but I know everything will work out!
So the family we found is Raquel and Sam. We had met them a while ago but they have been avoiding us for some time now. WE finally caught them at home and since it was below 0 outside they let us in. They finally expressed to us their concerns and we were able to resolve all of them. Lets just say I hate the show "sister wives." they are excited to get more involved and I feel very strongly they will be baptized one day. God is so good! :)
I have to go but I love you all. Be good and remember Heavenly Father loves you! He has a plan for all of us!
I am excited to work hard these next couple of weeks and LEAVE IT ALL OUT ON THE FIELD. If I have learned one thing from sports it would be that you give it all until the very end.
Love, Sister Page

1 comment:

  1. Có rất nhiều người có thắc mắc, liệu rận mu có phải là bệnh lây nhiễm qua đường tình dục hay không? Rận mu là một loại ký sinh trùng sống ký sinh ở vùng lông trên cơ thể người, nó cũng được xếp vào các lây nhiêm qua đường tình dục giống như bệnh lậu, bệnh chlamydia… Song rận mu dễ điều trị hơn và nhanh khỏi hơn so với các bệnh xã hội khác. Trong những năm gần đây rận mu bị mắc nhiễm khá rầm rộ nên khiến mọi người không khỏi lo lắng. Vì thế, nâng cao ý thức phòng tránh bệnh là điều nên làm ở tất cả mọi người.

    ReplyDelete