Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Well hello family :) This week has been very eventful. ha First of all I would like to thank you for all your letters and Thanks for the shoes mommy! I love them. Next item of business...... CONGRATS TORI!!! :) I am super proud of you! I love hearing all your soccer stories and please let me know how your games go. So last monday we taugh this like really old lady. She is the biggest sweetheart. The only problem is her grandkids are Jehovah Witnesses BUT we taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ and I started telling her how she can return and live with her Heavenly Father and that there were steps she needed to take to get there, and she literally got out a piece of paper and started writing down the steps as I taught her the doctrine of Christ. It was the coolest things. We Invited her to be baptized and she said yes I need to. then we asked her to pray about it all and she was like I already know its true. She has a lot of health problems so she knew it would be a struggle to come to church but she said she would. It was an awesome night. Then that night we drove to Holdridge Nebraska to go on exchanges with the sisters there. Holdridge is very very small. They only have a branch there and the sisters there are struggling really bad. Some girls are just dramatic and emotional haha anyway, so we basically just went to work and tried to get them excited about the work. We tracted a lot and found some people who wanted to be taught. It was pretty cool. Whenever we tract in Kearney no one listens so it was a miracle we could find people for them to teach. It was a lot of fun and when we left those sisters were a little more motivated again. Wednesday we went to zone meeting and Sister Youngberg and I taught a training which is basically a big fat disaster cause I have been out a month, ya it was scary but really good. I brought the sweetish fish mom sent me and gave them out to people who participated hahaha don't know if that is allowed but it got people to comment :) We had a lesson that night that got cancelled and we were very sad. This investigator was set for baptism and wont answer our calls so we are just going to keep praying! Thursday I got sick... it was not a very happy day. We visited a lot of less actives with the relief society president and it was really good to meet all these ladies, for whatever reason they dont come to church but we are working on them. President Weston said that every less active we help reactivate then the Lord will bless us with someone else to teach. So we are trying to build the ward and we already have helped a couple come back to church! YAY! A lot of people just need to be reminded that Heavenly Father loves them and is aware of them! Friday was another miracle day! :) So Justin is a 16 year old boy and was baptized right before I got to Kearney. His mom is Methodist and wouldnt even come to his baptism. So we are teaching him his new member lessons. We always teach him at his neighbors house (the Lebrees) who are very active in the church. They are the reason why he joined (member missionary work is the way to go). So we were teaching Justin and the Lebrees and we get there and Sister Lebree wasn't there, they forgot that we can't teach without a female there so he was like lets just teach outside and then it started pooring rain. So the only female we could ask to come over was Justins mom and she totally came. We taught the plan of salvation and she said she wants to hear more that we have taught Justin!!! We were so excited!  Then Saturday we taught two other investigators and that went very well. Some people we are just going to have to go slow, cause they are having a hard time fully understanding everything.  Then Sunday.... None of our investagators showed and then we had a meeting with the ward mission leader like we do every Sunday and the stake president shows up which is crazy cause this stake is like half Nebraska haha but he comes and lectures us on envolving members. He looked me straight in the eyes and said "There is no excuses for not baptising more members into this ward." It was pretty discouraging. BUT I am going to make it motivate me, not discourage me. We had dinner with members last night and shared a lesson about the significance of the restoration and they didn't give us referrals but the wife is going to come visit some less active members with us. So one member at a time we will try and build this ward. Members really are crucial in missionary work. I just wish they all understood that. This Sunday I am giving a talk on helping others come unto Christ so if you have any ideas send me a letter. I love my family and all your support. Thanks for everything!
I love you all have a wonderful week I am always praying for you and love your letters!
The Church is true.
Love, Sister Page

No comments:

Post a Comment