Monday, August 26, 2013

Well hello family. I hope everyone is enjoying school this lovely morning. Just so you know I will be moving like next Tuesday or Wednesday. We are moving in with members. They are pretty awesome so it should be good. Rumor has it that some new elders are moving into our apartment at transfers next week. So you can still send letters to my apartment address until next week. We will be going to the post office to get a forwarding address thingy just in case we get mail they will forward it. As of right now i don't know the address for the members home so just send letters to the mission home starting next week and it will eventually get to me. haha
So this was a wonderful week in Kearney Nebraska. Monday night we went and had a member give a blessing to Betty she is the 88 year old we are teaching. She has been pretty sick and we really need her to get to church but she literally couldn't get out of bed. So that was a very neat experience. That night we drove to Hastings to do exchanges and we also had a training for new missionaries in Grand Island Tuesday morning. So like always we spend many nights away from our beds and my back still hurts from those two nights on the floor haha I'm such a baby. I got to see my MTC companion, Sister Dumont at the training it was awesome.The training by President Weston and his wife was awesome. They mostly just helped answer questions and Sister Weston gave a lesson on being a happy missionary but I think it is a good lesson on being a happy family so you should read it as a family. Mosiah 4 I believe (I don't have my notes so it might be a different chapter but either way I am sure its a good chapter haha) You should do it for family night tonight because I know you are always so good about having family night because it is so important :) ANYWAY the rest of the day we did exchanges which is always a blessing for those sisters and their area.
 We slept there that night and had district meeting the next morning. That evening we visited and played cards with a less active lady. She basically just needs friends and I know she will become active again. We had an appointment with one of our investigators and he cancelled. :( He is set for baptism but is not keeping commitments and isn't making an effort so hopefully we can continue to help him progress to baptism but everyone has their agency. I just wish they understood what I understand sometimes, it is so frustrating. 
Thursday was our first whole day in our area. We tried visiting potentials but not many would open their doors for us. We need to find more people to teach. That night we also had two investigators cancel. So we went and visited Alex who is getting baptized in two weeks!!! He is getting excited. We are just working on his mom because we know her support is so important. I pray every day that she may be humbled and understand she needs to change and follow her sons example.
Friday was the longest day of my life. So there is a University here in Kearney called UNK and they had freshman move in day, so for four hours Friday morning we helped move people into their dorms....on the seventh floor. I am so out of shape it is sad. That evening it was the Universities big like social event with all the tables all over campus. Our Bishop is a professor at UNK and so he got us a table and we handed out pass along cards and Book of Mormons all evening. It was pretty awesome and our bishop saw all our hard work and I know he trusts us a lot more. He got up in sacrament meeting and told everyone that we are the hardest working missionaries out there and to put us to work. It was wonderful. Hopefully members will start getting into missionary work. Being at the university was hard cause I could see the soccer girls practicing all morning haha figures but in know I am where I am suppose to be.
 Saturday we got out the potential list in the area book and went to town. No one was too receptive but we did get one returning appointment so I know the Lord blessed us. We went and visited a guy we gave a Book of Mormon to the week before, and he read the entire thing in like five days! Then he just sat their and bashed on Joseph Smith and wanted to bible bash basically. I seriously thought he had pulled my heart out and stomped on it. The spirit was completely gone, it was so sad. So we just answered some of his question. bore testimony and then left. Overall Saturday was a good day.We visited some more less actives who really need some spiritual help.
Sunday we had an amazing lesson with Allen. When I first met Allen he was in a scary place in his life and now he is seeking for the truth and is gaining a relationship with his Heavenly Father. It is wonderful. Those moments are what make missionary work all worth it.
This week will be a very busy week. We are going on exchanges tonight to North Platte then we drive to Omaha Wednesday (Sister Youngberg has a leadership training) and on Friday we will be in Lincoln for our zone conference with Elder Robbins (general authority) We will have like no time in our area this week but it will be a wonderful spiritual experience.
Thought for the week: "We are not earning Heaven we are learning Heaven"
I LOVE YOU ALL! Thanks for you love, prayers and letters.
Love Sister Page

No comments:

Post a Comment