Monday, December 22, 2014



My dear family and friends,
Want to hear something funny? I sang in church yesterday? Want to hear something even funnier? I was suppose to sing with Sister Taggart, but she lost her voice. hahaha
We had a wonderful Christmas program yesterday. We committed SO many people to come to church.. like probably 20. Only three came hahaha it was awesome! That just means we have to commit 100 people to come and then we will have a good amount show up :) It was a good day though. I sure love Christmas. Here is my Christmas message for today I read this talk this morning and I wanted to share part of it with you..
President Benson said that one of the greatest things about Christmastime is that it increases our sensitivity to things of God:
“It causes us to contemplate our relationship with our Father and the degree of devotion we have for God.
“It prompts us to be more tolerant and giving, more conscious of others, more generous and genuine, more filled with hope and charity and love—all Christlike attributes. No wonder the spirit of Christmas touches the hearts of people the world over. For at least a time, increased attention and devotion are turned toward our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.”2
This Christmas, as the spirit of the season permeates our hearts, let us do something that expresses our feelings in an outward way, showing that we understand that the babe born in Bethlehem is the real Redeemer. President Howard W. Hunter (1907–95) gave some practical advice that helps us do that:
“This Christmas, mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and then speak it again.”3
Without Christ, there would be no Christmas. Without Christ, there can be no fulness of joy. Without His birth and His Atonement, we would have no Intercessor, no Advocate with the Father, and no Mediator who makes it possible for us to return to the presence of our loving Heavenly Father and live together as eternal families.
I celebrate with you the beautiful and miraculous reality of the birth and mission of the Son of God, and I bear my testimony that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer—the promised Messiah.
WE had an AMAZING zone conference this week. I learned so much. we had a gift exchanged and some elder gave me toilet paper... hahha elders are so dumb. At least my gift will come in handy one day unlike other random things people gave. At the end of the zone conference President gave time for people to share their testimonies. Me and two other sister who are leaving this transfer went up. I was grateful for the opportunity to share with my mission family that I know my savior lives. I am grateful that I not only believe in Him, but I can now say that I know him. 
WE had some neat experiences this week. WE finally were able to have a lesson with this amazing girl named Maggie. We taught her the Restoration and set her for baptism. We taught her part of the lesson in the chapel and the spirit was so strong. She has had a hard passed and needs the gospel. She started crying when we talked about the blessings of the Gospel. I know the spirit touched her heart. She has many things to ever come but I know she can do it, if she relies on the savior.
We were so excited because one of the people who came to church yesterday was brother Shears. He isn't a member but his heart is totally being softened. Please pray for him. He is an incredible guy. He told his wife the other day that he just feels good when we come over. She told said to him, "well yeah, it is the spirit." haha they are a cute couple and I know one day brother Shears will be baptized.
So I am finally learning that I can't do this all on my own. I know I need to trust in the Lord because this is HIs work but it is hard to know how we show our trust in him. I realized today that all we need to do is be obedient and be happy and that is how we show we trust him.
I love you all. Have a wonderful Christmas!!!
Love, Sister Page

No comments:

Post a Comment