Monday, October 27, 2014

Dear family,
Sorry I am late emailing today... we got a flat tire. It was totally the elders fault so don't worry I made them fix it. I know what you are thinking, how can I know that it was their fault? I just do. So I played soccer in the parking lot while they fixed it. haha I promise I wasn't a huge brat about it. Today has been such a crazy day. This week I have been dreading for so long. All my past companions go home. :( My heart is a little broken. I was trying to get an opportunity to go to their departing testimonies but it doesn't look like I will be able to and I am sad. All four of them were amazing and I will miss them very much. I am so grateful for all that I learned from them. I definitely wouldn't be the missionary I am right now if it weren't for them. I hope they all come visit the family soon. I know what mom and dad are thinking and yes I would love for any of them to marry Tyler or Briton :)
This was a wonderful week! Last Monday we drove to Omaha for the trainer trainee meeting. We got to stay with the Papillion sisters... It was so awesome!!! Everything is going really well in that area, it makes me so happy. The meeting was very good and I learned a lot about myself and how I can be a better trainer. Poor Sister Taggart haha I am such a bossy turd sometimes. It is a good thing I didn't train myself because I probably would have killed me. She has done so well and as we talked at the meeting the only struggles I can see in her are things that I still struggle with so I can't complain. Plus it is hard to know how to help her. Things are going very well though. We are learning together.
We had a really awesome lesson with David this week. He understands the things he needs to do and change. We had the lesson in the church and he set some really great goals. The thing that is making the biggest difference is that members are really fellowshipping him. He came to church this week and really enjoyed it. It is amazing to see how the gospel can change peoples lives.
Another AMAZING thing that happened this week! I got news from Sister Fuller that Chip and Ava were getting baptized and they wanted me to come speak at the baptism. Long story short we called everyone and their dog to go. in order to go I had to have a member drive us and have an investigator come. We had it all set up but the night before everything fell through. I about died. Finally I remembered that I don't need to figure all these things out on my own and that I needed to get down on my knees and pray. I felt really strongly to just read the book of Mormon, which doesn't really make sense because it was late at night and things needed to get figured out, but I did anyway. I opened it up and just started reading. It was a total answer to prayers. I read Mosiah 24:16, " And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage." crazy huh? Right after I read that a part member family called and said they could go. Sometimes Heavenly Father unfortunately has to wake us up a little. It was great to go to the baptism and speak. I have a new motivation and desire to help others enter into the gate of baptism. I am so grateful for that learning experience. Heavenly Father really cares sometimes we just forget to keep him included.
Haha after we got home Saturday night I remembered I was speaking to next day in sacrament meeting... I was super excited to speak about the Book of Mormon. It went well. I love to Book of Mormon. You all better be reading it so you can finish by the time I get home.
I love you all. Be good and remember what is most important.
Love Sister Page



No comments:

Post a Comment