Thursday, September 18, 2014

Dear Family,
I think the best part about this week was being able to do so much with members. Sister Fuller and I got to teach nine lessons to investigators with members. That isn't counting lessons to recent converts and less actives with members at the lesson. This is how missionary work should be. It was so neat. There is so much going on in Papillion and so much that could potentially happen. I just don't want to leave. Transfers are a week from Friday. Amy figured that out and she was very sad to hear I probably won't be there for her baptism. I know that everything is happening the way the Lord would have it happen. That is the ultimate lesson we need to learn in this life. It is hard sometimes though. Amy is doing so well. This week we had a lesson with her and Marian in the Stephens home. You all know how incredible the Stephens are. Sister Fuller and I planned a lesson, but last minute we felt we needed to teach her about keeping the Sabbath day holy and the Priesthood. It was such a powerful lesson. I love teaching in members homes. I was able to testify about the importance of keeping the Sabbath day holy. I love this lesson because out of all the principles of the gospel I feel most converted to this commandment. It is so neat when the investigators heart is opened and the spirit is there, then they accept the commandments we extend to them. She is just so amazing. I am so grateful to have to opportunity to teach her. She even fasted with us this week so that she could quit smoking. Some other members in the ward also fasted. It was really neat. We also fasted for Kris. We aren't exactly sure what is holding her back but she has some major concern. She actually went to her old church yesterday. We fasted that she would have an experience that will help her recognize truth and have the courage to act on it. I just need to have more faith. I know she felt the spirit in our lessons and at church. We hope that Chip(her brother) will be a good example to her. We are now teaching Chip a lot. He is doing so well. He has already read like everything there is on LDS.org. It is actually pretty funny. He came to church yesterday for the first time. At that point, we had only taught him the Restoration. I turned to Sister Fuller and said, "nose goes on who tells him that it is fast and testimony meeting" haha sometimes testimony meetings are hard for missionaries, if you know what I mean. Sister Fuller was sitting next to him so she informed him about the meeting and about what fasting was. He turned to her and said, "I know, I am so hungry right now." yeah... he totally fasted yesterday. He is so cool. We had a church tore with him yesterday and it went really well. The spirit is so strong in the chapel and we were able to teach the lesson in there. He is still searching for his answer but I he is getting really close. I pray his example will soften Kris's heart and they will be unified in the gospel as a family. Keep praying for all of them though, please. It is a lot of help.
We had leadership council this week. I hope that it wasn't my last. It was very powerful and Sister Fuller and I get the opportunity to train in two zone trainings this week about what we learned at zone training. Of course, it won't be as good as hearing it from President himself, but we are pretty excited.
Life is so good in Papillion! Please pray that I will be able to accomplish everything Heavenly Father as for me to do here. I love you all. Sorry I just rambled on in that email. haha I struggle sometimes.
Have a wonderful week. You are all in my prayers.
With love, Sister Page
 

No comments:

Post a Comment